Friday 24 February 2017

Shared Link: The Question of Being the First Mover by David Kwok


A member of our group feedback to me about his thoughts on being the first mover in business. ”In businesses, first mover advantage often proves otherwise. The first one to do something usually fails. It’s more of a trap, really. 

Usually, the followers observe and see what works and take out what doesn’t, then gain critical mass and soon people forget about the first mover while crowning the first one to gain critical mass. 2 cents.” 

This is my answer below:
"You are right. I have another approach to this. I can only speak for my own experience.

When I said first mover, I don’t mean that you blindly go into it. One still need to evaluate the risk. My objective for being the first mover is for branding, publicity and awareness of our company. (Which is very important since we are a small company.) It is almost like jumping the queue. From no one knowing who you are to the global players pay attention to what you do...

To read full article, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment