Friday 8 May 2015

Word from our CEO, David Kwok

My Korean Journey 2007 was the year I went to MIPCOM for the first time. A Japanese American Consultant was very kind to share his frank opinion about our work. He said "David, your work is good. But nothing extraordinary. Walk down to the KOCCA booth (Korean booth). See how fast they have progressed. It's amazing. Every year, there is something different. Something new. So I went there to take a look. I was totally blown away. I really admire what they have done. I told myself that we must work very hard to improve ourselves.

Since then, I started going to their booth yearly to arrange meetings in hope to build a relation with them. And hopefully we can work together someday. Initially some of them were skeptical about me. Several executives were wondering who is this foreign guy who kept coming to our booth.

Over time, I have proven myself and has earned their trust. Today we have built such good relationship and friendship with some of their major players in their industry. Dream Defenders is what it is today was a motivation from the first time I went to the KOCCA booth. Working with them has been a valuable learning opportunity for me.

In business and work, friendship matters to me a lot. I believe in treating others with all your heart and sincerity. Though the focus of business is to make money. But integrity and relationships comes above money. Today, I have established such strong relations base on the above principles.

Over the years, I have learnt so much from them and I am forever grateful. Now I hope that I can give them back from what I have learnt from my own experience in Dream Defenders. By sharing with them what I have learnt in globalisation and my relationships in North America.

This is something I will never forget. "In Korea, we shoot then we aim" That is how fast they move. Thank you my friends in Korea for teaching me. I will always value and treasure this friendship. 감사합니다

No comments:

Post a Comment